Home » News » Public Safety
Danbury woman died in head-on crash in Bristol
Police Chief Micheal Lewis said it appears glare from heavy late-afternoon sun was the only hazardous driving factor that caused driver Michael Lemieux, 18, of Bristol, to leave the westbound lane suddenly just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Lemieux's Chevrolet Suburban luxury SUV struck a small sedan driven by Susan Fullerton, who died instantly in the crash, Lewis said.
Fullerton, who had just finished work and was on her way to visit friends, was driving eastbound when her car collided with Lemieux's. The accident occurred on a curve near the Homestead Restaurant, in a section of road known for blinding sun late in the day, Lewis said.
Lewis said though Fullerton was an innocent victim, there will likely be no charges pressed against Lemieux.
"At this point I don't think so"Lewis said. "There were no problems with his (alcohol) tests and speed wasn't a factor. The sun was the factor."
Lewis said Lemieux, who refused medical treatment and was apparently uninjured, was clearly distraught at the news that Fullerton had died.
"He was pretty upset," Lewis said.
A large section of Route 104 was closed to all traffic beginning just before 4 p.m. The road was reopened at about 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'