Home » News » Public Safety
Danbury woman died in head-on crash in Bristol
Police Chief Micheal Lewis said it appears glare from heavy late-afternoon sun was the only hazardous driving factor that caused driver Michael Lemieux, 18, of Bristol, to leave the westbound lane suddenly just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Lemieux's Chevrolet Suburban luxury SUV struck a small sedan driven by Susan Fullerton, who died instantly in the crash, Lewis said.
Fullerton, who had just finished work and was on her way to visit friends, was driving eastbound when her car collided with Lemieux's. The accident occurred on a curve near the Homestead Restaurant, in a section of road known for blinding sun late in the day, Lewis said.
Lewis said though Fullerton was an innocent victim, there will likely be no charges pressed against Lemieux.
"At this point I don't think so"Lewis said. "There were no problems with his (alcohol) tests and speed wasn't a factor. The sun was the factor."
Lewis said Lemieux, who refused medical treatment and was apparently uninjured, was clearly distraught at the news that Fullerton had died.
"He was pretty upset," Lewis said.
A large section of Route 104 was closed to all traffic beginning just before 4 p.m. The road was reopened at about 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads