Home » News » Public Safety
Danbury woman died in head-on crash in Bristol
Police Chief Micheal Lewis said it appears glare from heavy late-afternoon sun was the only hazardous driving factor that caused driver Michael Lemieux, 18, of Bristol, to leave the westbound lane suddenly just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Lemieux's Chevrolet Suburban luxury SUV struck a small sedan driven by Susan Fullerton, who died instantly in the crash, Lewis said.
Fullerton, who had just finished work and was on her way to visit friends, was driving eastbound when her car collided with Lemieux's. The accident occurred on a curve near the Homestead Restaurant, in a section of road known for blinding sun late in the day, Lewis said.
Lewis said though Fullerton was an innocent victim, there will likely be no charges pressed against Lemieux.
"At this point I don't think so"Lewis said. "There were no problems with his (alcohol) tests and speed wasn't a factor. The sun was the factor."
Lewis said Lemieux, who refused medical treatment and was apparently uninjured, was clearly distraught at the news that Fullerton had died.
"He was pretty upset," Lewis said.
A large section of Route 104 was closed to all traffic beginning just before 4 p.m. The road was reopened at about 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 3
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 3
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 5
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 2
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Derry marks a soldier's death