Home » News » Public Safety
Danbury woman died in head-on crash in Bristol
Police Chief Micheal Lewis said it appears glare from heavy late-afternoon sun was the only hazardous driving factor that caused driver Michael Lemieux, 18, of Bristol, to leave the westbound lane suddenly just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Lemieux's Chevrolet Suburban luxury SUV struck a small sedan driven by Susan Fullerton, who died instantly in the crash, Lewis said.
Fullerton, who had just finished work and was on her way to visit friends, was driving eastbound when her car collided with Lemieux's. The accident occurred on a curve near the Homestead Restaurant, in a section of road known for blinding sun late in the day, Lewis said.
Lewis said though Fullerton was an innocent victim, there will likely be no charges pressed against Lemieux.
"At this point I don't think so"Lewis said. "There were no problems with his (alcohol) tests and speed wasn't a factor. The sun was the factor."
Lewis said Lemieux, who refused medical treatment and was apparently uninjured, was clearly distraught at the news that Fullerton had died.
"He was pretty upset," Lewis said.
A large section of Route 104 was closed to all traffic beginning just before 4 p.m. The road was reopened at about 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox in the city: World champs' appearance highlighted Gill Stadium opening - 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty