Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth