Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright