Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'