Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison