Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'