Home » News » Public Safety
Shelburne snowmobiler, 29, dies after night in cold
John Arsenault of Shelburne left for an evening ride on his snowmobile about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to a news release issued by Fish and Game Conservation Officer Adam Cheney.
"It was determined that he went over a hill at a high rate of speed and crashed sometime during the night," the release said. "When he did not show up for work, friends went out looking for him and found Arsenault, injured and unconscious ... they called 911 for help at 10:45 a.m."
Arsenault was alive when emergency responders reached the scene Wednesday morning. He was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, where he died later in the day.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors, according to the news release. Arsenault was wearing a helmet.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers, Gorham Police and Gorham Fire and Rescue personnel responded. The crash is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
- Agency missteps leave motorists in dark on air-bag defects - 0
- Manchester fire victim was Army vet who had recently moved to city - 0
- Man who died in Manchester blaze identified as Vietnam War-era veteran; cigarette was fire cause - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with school - 0
- UPDATED: Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst is identified - 1
- Need a job? The NH State Prison wants you - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Man who escaped Kingston police station remains at large - 0
- Man shot by Nashua officer to plead guilty to some charges, avoid trial - 0
- Lamontagne, accomplice in Bedford home invasion, sentenced to 6 to 22 years - 2
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Tournaments: Div. I looks wide open - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Browner, 'D' shaping up - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 5
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 1
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
Baby found in Gilmanton meth lab raid
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
KSC student facing charges related to riot
Tea Party PAC endorses Scott Brown
2nd CD post-debate 'spin room': Garcia 'shocked' at how many times Kuster interrupted her
Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens
Lyndeborough's new Christmas tree destroyed
UNH Survey Center poll: Kuster leads Garcia