NH Veterans News Notes
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road will be running bingo for patients at the VA hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help. Organizers will be serving pizza and diet soda as well as providing $200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Post 2
MANCHESTER - Henry J Sweeney American Legion Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its monthly meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25.
Fresh products will be supplied by Mr Steer. Following the raffle, there will be an evening of karaoke and dancing with music provided by DJ S.O.B.
On Saturday, Jan. 26, the regular weekly dance will take and The Visitors will be on stage.
On Sunday, Jan., 27 the post will be hosting the annual District 4 American Legion pool tourney from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information on these events, call 623-9145 or go to www.sweeneypost.org.
All members are requested to register their e-mail address with the adjutant to receive the newsletter and notices promptly.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Rifle shoot to help homeless vets - 0
- Veterans Briefs: POW-MIA recognition ceremony Saturday - 0
- American Legion leader visits NH - 0
- National Guard program's management changing hands - 0
- Sweeney Post hosting Italian dinner/dance - 0
- Commentary -- Mary Tamposi: Housing the homeless helps us all - 0
- Disabled anglers, vets try luck in tournament - 0
- 100 Nights ceremony set for Thursday at Veterans Cemetery - 0
- Meeting at VA Medical Center on Sept. 25 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 0
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 7
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 10
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 3
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance