NH Veterans News Notes
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road will be running bingo for patients at the VA hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help. Organizers will be serving pizza and diet soda as well as providing $200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Post 2
MANCHESTER - Henry J Sweeney American Legion Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its monthly meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25.
Fresh products will be supplied by Mr Steer. Following the raffle, there will be an evening of karaoke and dancing with music provided by DJ S.O.B.
On Saturday, Jan. 26, the regular weekly dance will take and The Visitors will be on stage.
On Sunday, Jan., 27 the post will be hosting the annual District 4 American Legion pool tourney from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information on these events, call 623-9145 or go to www.sweeneypost.org.
All members are requested to register their e-mail address with the adjutant to receive the newsletter and notices promptly.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 5
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list