NH Veterans News Notes
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 on Sargent Road will be running bingo for patients at the VA hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28.
Donations are appreciated or feel free to stop by and help. Organizers will be serving pizza and diet soda as well as providing $200 in prize money.
Meat raffle at Post 2
MANCHESTER - Henry J Sweeney American Legion Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its monthly meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25.
Fresh products will be supplied by Mr Steer. Following the raffle, there will be an evening of karaoke and dancing with music provided by DJ S.O.B.
On Saturday, Jan. 26, the regular weekly dance will take and The Visitors will be on stage.
On Sunday, Jan., 27 the post will be hosting the annual District 4 American Legion pool tourney from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information on these events, call 623-9145 or go to www.sweeneypost.org.
All members are requested to register their e-mail address with the adjutant to receive the newsletter and notices promptly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua's Harbor Homes grows, changes - 0
- Colebrook and Berlin to get VA clinics - 0
- Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers - 0
- Salem couple's effort to honor Doolittle Tokyo Raiders is gaining momentum - 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data