Home » Opinion » Editorials
Expendable lives: The pro-choice end point
On Wednesday, Salon.com staff writer Mary Elizabeth Williams showed where Roe leads. The science is now quite clear that the little clump of cells growing inside the womb is not merely "tissue," but a life. Williams acknowledges that, and criticizes the pro-choice movement for "drawing stupid semantic lines in the sand" such as "trimesters" and for being "illogically contradictory" for claiming that an aborted fetus is not a life, but a wanted fetus is a baby.
And yet, she states, "so what?"
"Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She's the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always."
This is the logical end result of the pro-choice movement. It simply cannot go anywhere else. Human rights are bestowed not by God, but by other humans for their own purposes. Humans with more power have more rights, period. History is full of examples of where this thinking leads.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America