Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH men's baketball falls to Hartford
The game was tied 19-19 at halftime before UNH took a 25-21 lead on a lay-up from Chandler Rhoads with 16:18 remaining. A lay-up by Nwakamma tied the game at 25 and his jumper with 12:37 left gave Hartford the lead (29-27) for good.
Rhoads led the Wildcats with 13 points.
Suffolk 69, Rivier 66: In Nashua, Rivier, 8-10 overall and 4-6 in the GNAC, was led by Tom Poitras with 22 points.
Colby-Sawyer 75, Lyndon 49: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 7-9 overall and 7-3 in the NAC. Corey Willis moved into second on Colby-Sawyer's career assists list, passing the 434 mark of Colin Bray '06. Willis had six for the game and now has 437 career dimes.
Middlebury 60, Keene State 54: In Middlebury, Vt., Siobhan Carnell cracked the 20-point mark for the fourth straight game with a game-high 21 points in the loss.
Men's ice hockey
Plymouth State 2, UMass-Dartmouth 1: In Plymouth, Kyle Greco scored an unassisted goal with 3:13 remaining in the third period to break a 1-1 tie. PSU improved to 9-2 in the MASCAC, 13-5 overall.
Women's ice hockey
Northeastern 3, UNH 1: In Durham, the loss put the Wildcats at 10-12-2 overall and 6-5-1 in Hockey East.
Brittney Redlick tallied her fifth goal of the year for the Wildcats.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 12
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans