Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH men's baketball falls to Hartford
The game was tied 19-19 at halftime before UNH took a 25-21 lead on a lay-up from Chandler Rhoads with 16:18 remaining. A lay-up by Nwakamma tied the game at 25 and his jumper with 12:37 left gave Hartford the lead (29-27) for good.
Rhoads led the Wildcats with 13 points.
Suffolk 69, Rivier 66: In Nashua, Rivier, 8-10 overall and 4-6 in the GNAC, was led by Tom Poitras with 22 points.
Colby-Sawyer 75, Lyndon 49: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 7-9 overall and 7-3 in the NAC. Corey Willis moved into second on Colby-Sawyer's career assists list, passing the 434 mark of Colin Bray '06. Willis had six for the game and now has 437 career dimes.
Middlebury 60, Keene State 54: In Middlebury, Vt., Siobhan Carnell cracked the 20-point mark for the fourth straight game with a game-high 21 points in the loss.
Men's ice hockey
Plymouth State 2, UMass-Dartmouth 1: In Plymouth, Kyle Greco scored an unassisted goal with 3:13 remaining in the third period to break a 1-1 tie. PSU improved to 9-2 in the MASCAC, 13-5 overall.
Women's ice hockey
Northeastern 3, UNH 1: In Durham, the loss put the Wildcats at 10-12-2 overall and 6-5-1 in Hockey East.
Brittney Redlick tallied her fifth goal of the year for the Wildcats.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 21
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use