Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH men's baketball falls to Hartford
The game was tied 19-19 at halftime before UNH took a 25-21 lead on a lay-up from Chandler Rhoads with 16:18 remaining. A lay-up by Nwakamma tied the game at 25 and his jumper with 12:37 left gave Hartford the lead (29-27) for good.
Rhoads led the Wildcats with 13 points.
Suffolk 69, Rivier 66: In Nashua, Rivier, 8-10 overall and 4-6 in the GNAC, was led by Tom Poitras with 22 points.
Colby-Sawyer 75, Lyndon 49: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 7-9 overall and 7-3 in the NAC. Corey Willis moved into second on Colby-Sawyer's career assists list, passing the 434 mark of Colin Bray '06. Willis had six for the game and now has 437 career dimes.
Middlebury 60, Keene State 54: In Middlebury, Vt., Siobhan Carnell cracked the 20-point mark for the fourth straight game with a game-high 21 points in the loss.
Men's ice hockey
Plymouth State 2, UMass-Dartmouth 1: In Plymouth, Kyle Greco scored an unassisted goal with 3:13 remaining in the third period to break a 1-1 tie. PSU improved to 9-2 in the MASCAC, 13-5 overall.
Women's ice hockey
Northeastern 3, UNH 1: In Durham, the loss put the Wildcats at 10-12-2 overall and 6-5-1 in Hockey East.
Brittney Redlick tallied her fifth goal of the year for the Wildcats.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Littleton VFW, co-op to honor Foster - 0
- Hampstead holding flag retirement event - 0
- Ribbon-cutting to mark completion of BAE Systems Independence Hall - 0
- 'Mac' MacCartin left his mark on area veterans - 0
- Rochester man honors veteran from the Civil War - 0
- Memories of D-Day still fresh for NH veteran - 0
- Manchester resident to discuss time in a Nazi labor camp - 0
- Sweeney Post to host yard sale - 0
- Freedom ride, vigil set to honor Sgt. Bergdahl - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students being evaluated at scene of Salem bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?