This week's Rare Bird Alert
A varied thrush was seen and photographed at a birdfeeder in Dunbarton on Jan. 20.
A male Barrow's goldeneye was seen on the Merrimack River in Manchester on Dec. 30, and has been seen several times since then. It was most recently reported near 250 Commercial St. on Jan. 18. A female Barrow's goldeneye was reported in the same area during the previous week.
A female canvasback was discovered on the Merrimack River in Concord on Jan. 14, and was most recently reported on the 20th. It has been seen from Hall Street in Concord, near the Concord Water Treatment Plant outflow.
Common redpoll sightings during the past week included 19 in Merrimack on the 18th.
Pine grosbeak sightings during the past week included: 20 in Manchester at the Home Depot on Jan. 22, and seven on Woodbury Avenue in Portsmouth on the 20th.
A pair of peregrine falcons was seen at the corner of West Brook and Canal streets in Manchester on Jan. 17.
Hermit thrush sightings during the past week included one in Mont Vernon on Jan. 23, and one in Merrimack on the 22nd.
Eastern bluebird sightings during the past week included eight in Barrington and 10 in Newmarket on Jan. 22, and five in Merrimack on the 18th.
A turkey vulture and a pied-billed grebe were reported from Hudson, and two turkey vultures were seen in Windham, all on Jan. 20.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Bison NH baseball 38+ champs for 2014 - 0
- NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26 - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Orioles, catbirds, robins line up for grape jelly - 0
- Bedford man accused of sexually assaulting 2 children - 0
- Londonderry firefighters on mission to make sure children won’t be cold - 0
- Salem considers legal action over damaged school gym floor at Lancaster Elementary - 0
- Great NH Restaurants to expand its charitable efforts with FEEDNH.org - 0
- Win tickets to see Steven Wright - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test