This week's Rare Bird Alert
A varied thrush was seen and photographed at a birdfeeder in Dunbarton on Jan. 20.
A male Barrow's goldeneye was seen on the Merrimack River in Manchester on Dec. 30, and has been seen several times since then. It was most recently reported near 250 Commercial St. on Jan. 18. A female Barrow's goldeneye was reported in the same area during the previous week.
A female canvasback was discovered on the Merrimack River in Concord on Jan. 14, and was most recently reported on the 20th. It has been seen from Hall Street in Concord, near the Concord Water Treatment Plant outflow.
Common redpoll sightings during the past week included 19 in Merrimack on the 18th.
Pine grosbeak sightings during the past week included: 20 in Manchester at the Home Depot on Jan. 22, and seven on Woodbury Avenue in Portsmouth on the 20th.
A pair of peregrine falcons was seen at the corner of West Brook and Canal streets in Manchester on Jan. 17.
Hermit thrush sightings during the past week included one in Mont Vernon on Jan. 23, and one in Merrimack on the 22nd.
Eastern bluebird sightings during the past week included eight in Barrington and 10 in Newmarket on Jan. 22, and five in Merrimack on the 18th.
A turkey vulture and a pied-billed grebe were reported from Hudson, and two turkey vultures were seen in Windham, all on Jan. 20.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
- Joe Perry's 'Rocks: My LIfe in and Out of Aerosmith' sits in Top Ten On NY Times Bestseller List for initial two weeks - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Windham club plans coat drive, next meeting - 0
- Grange honors members, public servants - 0
- Committee eyes larger state role at Livermore Falls - 1
- No change in Pelham tax rate - 0
- Union Leader editor receives media ally award - 0
- Hooksett students to lay wreath at memorial - 0
- Bedford's tax rate increases by 33 cents from 2013 - 0
- Closing Salem elementary school could trim $800,000 - 0
Guitar Center and DIRECTV feature iconic guitarist SLASH In Original 2-Part Documentary and live concert eventREADER COMMENTS: 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice