Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hawks claw back from 27-point deficit to beat C's in 2OT
Al Horford scored seven of his 24 points in the second overtime to go with 13 rebounds and Jeff Teague added 23 points before fouling out for the Hawks, who also erased a nine-point deficit in the final 3 1/2 minutes of regulation en route to sending the Celtics to their sixth consecutive defeat.
Josh Smith had 17 points and 14 rebounds and put Atlanta ahead to stay by converting a three-point play early in the second overtime session to ignite a 10-0 spurt.
Rajon Rondo had his second consecutive triple-double with 16 points, 11 assists and 10 boards for Boston, which used a 13-0 run to take a 29-10 lead after one quarter and extended it to 48-21 midway through the second quarter.
The Hawks stormed back with a 19-0 run early in the third quarter, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Korver, to tie it with 6:16 left in the third. Courtney Lee sparked a 9-0 run to build a 10-point lead for Boston with 4:43 left in regulation, but Korver hit twice from behind the arc and Teague buried a 3-pointer to help force overtime.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Kevin Garnett had 24 points and 10 boards for the Celtics before fouling out in the second overtime. ... Korver had three points at the half but nailed all eight of his 3-pointers in the second half to finish 8-of-13 from behind the arc. His eight 3-pointers in one half marked an NBA record. ... Rondo has a league-high five triple-doubles this season and 28 for his career.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack