Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hawks claw back from 27-point deficit to beat C's in 2OT
Al Horford scored seven of his 24 points in the second overtime to go with 13 rebounds and Jeff Teague added 23 points before fouling out for the Hawks, who also erased a nine-point deficit in the final 3 1/2 minutes of regulation en route to sending the Celtics to their sixth consecutive defeat.
Josh Smith had 17 points and 14 rebounds and put Atlanta ahead to stay by converting a three-point play early in the second overtime session to ignite a 10-0 spurt.
Rajon Rondo had his second consecutive triple-double with 16 points, 11 assists and 10 boards for Boston, which used a 13-0 run to take a 29-10 lead after one quarter and extended it to 48-21 midway through the second quarter.
The Hawks stormed back with a 19-0 run early in the third quarter, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Korver, to tie it with 6:16 left in the third. Courtney Lee sparked a 9-0 run to build a 10-point lead for Boston with 4:43 left in regulation, but Korver hit twice from behind the arc and Teague buried a 3-pointer to help force overtime.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Kevin Garnett had 24 points and 10 boards for the Celtics before fouling out in the second overtime. ... Korver had three points at the half but nailed all eight of his 3-pointers in the second half to finish 8-of-13 from behind the arc. His eight 3-pointers in one half marked an NBA record. ... Rondo has a league-high five triple-doubles this season and 28 for his career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 24
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Hooksett officer struck by motorist
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released