Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hawks claw back from 27-point deficit to beat C's in 2OT
Al Horford scored seven of his 24 points in the second overtime to go with 13 rebounds and Jeff Teague added 23 points before fouling out for the Hawks, who also erased a nine-point deficit in the final 3 1/2 minutes of regulation en route to sending the Celtics to their sixth consecutive defeat.
Josh Smith had 17 points and 14 rebounds and put Atlanta ahead to stay by converting a three-point play early in the second overtime session to ignite a 10-0 spurt.
Rajon Rondo had his second consecutive triple-double with 16 points, 11 assists and 10 boards for Boston, which used a 13-0 run to take a 29-10 lead after one quarter and extended it to 48-21 midway through the second quarter.
The Hawks stormed back with a 19-0 run early in the third quarter, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Korver, to tie it with 6:16 left in the third. Courtney Lee sparked a 9-0 run to build a 10-point lead for Boston with 4:43 left in regulation, but Korver hit twice from behind the arc and Teague buried a 3-pointer to help force overtime.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Kevin Garnett had 24 points and 10 boards for the Celtics before fouling out in the second overtime. ... Korver had three points at the half but nailed all eight of his 3-pointers in the second half to finish 8-of-13 from behind the arc. His eight 3-pointers in one half marked an NBA record. ... Rondo has a league-high five triple-doubles this season and 28 for his career.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bruins cruise to Game 2 win over Rangers - 1
- Game 1 thriller goes to Bruins in OT - 0
- Bruins vs. Rangers: Here we go again - 0
- Bruins win Game 7 in overtime in epic comeback - 2
- Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight - 0
- Goalie Reimer brilliant against Bruins as Leafs force Game 6 - 0
- Krejci 'tricks' Toronto, Bruins one win from advancing - 0
- Bruins beat Toronto for series lead - 0
- Bruins strong out of the gate, beat Toronto to open playoffs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire