Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Hawks claw back from 27-point deficit to beat C's in 2OT
Al Horford scored seven of his 24 points in the second overtime to go with 13 rebounds and Jeff Teague added 23 points before fouling out for the Hawks, who also erased a nine-point deficit in the final 3 1/2 minutes of regulation en route to sending the Celtics to their sixth consecutive defeat.
Josh Smith had 17 points and 14 rebounds and put Atlanta ahead to stay by converting a three-point play early in the second overtime session to ignite a 10-0 spurt.
Rajon Rondo had his second consecutive triple-double with 16 points, 11 assists and 10 boards for Boston, which used a 13-0 run to take a 29-10 lead after one quarter and extended it to 48-21 midway through the second quarter.
The Hawks stormed back with a 19-0 run early in the third quarter, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Korver, to tie it with 6:16 left in the third. Courtney Lee sparked a 9-0 run to build a 10-point lead for Boston with 4:43 left in regulation, but Korver hit twice from behind the arc and Teague buried a 3-pointer to help force overtime.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Kevin Garnett had 24 points and 10 boards for the Celtics before fouling out in the second overtime. ... Korver had three points at the half but nailed all eight of his 3-pointers in the second half to finish 8-of-13 from behind the arc. His eight 3-pointers in one half marked an NBA record. ... Rondo has a league-high five triple-doubles this season and 28 for his career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time