Monarchs fall to Connecticut
The loss snapped Manchester's win streak at four games and dropped the Monarchs to 21-18-4. Connecticut is 19-20-4.
The Monarchs play at Atlantic Division leader Portland tonight at 7.
Manchester tied the game at 1-1 at 2:30 of the second period. Linden Vey scored off a feed from AHL all-star Tyler Toffoli. It was Vey's 11th of the season.
But the rest of the second period would not go so well for Manchester as the Whale exploded for three goals to blow the game open 4-1 after 40 minutes.
Christian Thomas got the outburst started by banking a puck off goalie Peter Mannino and in from behind the net at 7:32.
Former Monarch Brandon Segal made it 3-1 at 13:31, drilling a shot from the left circle that made it through traffic and past Mannino.
Mike Vernace pushed the lead to 4-1 at 19:05, blasting a shot from just inside the blue line and into the net.
The third period played out scoreless.
Connecticut took a 1-0 lead with the only goal of the first period. Former Worcester Shark Brandon Mashinter scored at 17:54 on the power play, banging a rebound home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off