Monarchs fall to Connecticut
The loss snapped Manchester's win streak at four games and dropped the Monarchs to 21-18-4. Connecticut is 19-20-4.
The Monarchs play at Atlantic Division leader Portland tonight at 7.
Manchester tied the game at 1-1 at 2:30 of the second period. Linden Vey scored off a feed from AHL all-star Tyler Toffoli. It was Vey's 11th of the season.
But the rest of the second period would not go so well for Manchester as the Whale exploded for three goals to blow the game open 4-1 after 40 minutes.
Christian Thomas got the outburst started by banking a puck off goalie Peter Mannino and in from behind the net at 7:32.
Former Monarch Brandon Segal made it 3-1 at 13:31, drilling a shot from the left circle that made it through traffic and past Mannino.
Mike Vernace pushed the lead to 4-1 at 19:05, blasting a shot from just inside the blue line and into the net.
The third period played out scoreless.
Connecticut took a 1-0 lead with the only goal of the first period. Former Worcester Shark Brandon Mashinter scored at 17:54 on the power play, banging a rebound home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child