Monarchs fall to Connecticut
The loss snapped Manchester's win streak at four games and dropped the Monarchs to 21-18-4. Connecticut is 19-20-4.
The Monarchs play at Atlantic Division leader Portland tonight at 7.
Manchester tied the game at 1-1 at 2:30 of the second period. Linden Vey scored off a feed from AHL all-star Tyler Toffoli. It was Vey's 11th of the season.
But the rest of the second period would not go so well for Manchester as the Whale exploded for three goals to blow the game open 4-1 after 40 minutes.
Christian Thomas got the outburst started by banking a puck off goalie Peter Mannino and in from behind the net at 7:32.
Former Monarch Brandon Segal made it 3-1 at 13:31, drilling a shot from the left circle that made it through traffic and past Mannino.
Mike Vernace pushed the lead to 4-1 at 19:05, blasting a shot from just inside the blue line and into the net.
The third period played out scoreless.
Connecticut took a 1-0 lead with the only goal of the first period. Former Worcester Shark Brandon Mashinter scored at 17:54 on the power play, banging a rebound home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan