Monarchs fall to Connecticut
The loss snapped Manchester's win streak at four games and dropped the Monarchs to 21-18-4. Connecticut is 19-20-4.
The Monarchs play at Atlantic Division leader Portland tonight at 7.
Manchester tied the game at 1-1 at 2:30 of the second period. Linden Vey scored off a feed from AHL all-star Tyler Toffoli. It was Vey's 11th of the season.
But the rest of the second period would not go so well for Manchester as the Whale exploded for three goals to blow the game open 4-1 after 40 minutes.
Christian Thomas got the outburst started by banking a puck off goalie Peter Mannino and in from behind the net at 7:32.
Former Monarch Brandon Segal made it 3-1 at 13:31, drilling a shot from the left circle that made it through traffic and past Mannino.
Mike Vernace pushed the lead to 4-1 at 19:05, blasting a shot from just inside the blue line and into the net.
The third period played out scoreless.
Connecticut took a 1-0 lead with the only goal of the first period. Former Worcester Shark Brandon Mashinter scored at 17:54 on the power play, banging a rebound home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
- Okla. senators embrace aid after opposing Hurricane Sandy relief - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs