Monarchs fall to Connecticut
The loss snapped Manchester's win streak at four games and dropped the Monarchs to 21-18-4. Connecticut is 19-20-4.
The Monarchs play at Atlantic Division leader Portland tonight at 7.
Manchester tied the game at 1-1 at 2:30 of the second period. Linden Vey scored off a feed from AHL all-star Tyler Toffoli. It was Vey's 11th of the season.
But the rest of the second period would not go so well for Manchester as the Whale exploded for three goals to blow the game open 4-1 after 40 minutes.
Christian Thomas got the outburst started by banking a puck off goalie Peter Mannino and in from behind the net at 7:32.
Former Monarch Brandon Segal made it 3-1 at 13:31, drilling a shot from the left circle that made it through traffic and past Mannino.
Mike Vernace pushed the lead to 4-1 at 19:05, blasting a shot from just inside the blue line and into the net.
The third period played out scoreless.
Connecticut took a 1-0 lead with the only goal of the first period. Former Worcester Shark Brandon Mashinter scored at 17:54 on the power play, banging a rebound home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 23
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs