Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth falls to Saints; Richard lifts St. Anselm
Dartmouth led 2-1 in the third, but St. Lawrence's top line of Greg Carey, Kyle Flanagan and Jeremy Wick scored three times in the final frame to hand Dartmouth its first ECAC home loss of the 2012-13 season. Dartmouth is 8-2-0 at home overall.
Andy Simpson and Dustin Walsh provided the goals for Dartmouth, which fell to 10-7-2 overall and 6-5-1 in ECAC play. Freshman goaltender Charles Grant made 22 saves for the Big Green.
St. Lawrence improved to 10-10-3 overall, and 3-5-3 in the conference.
St. Anselm 7, Skidmore 5: At Goffstown, Mike Richard of Derry notched three goals and an assist as St. Anselm raised its record to 10-4-2 overall and 7-4-1 in the ECAC East.
Manhattanville 3, St. Anselm 2: At Manchester, St. Anselm's Rosemarie Giarrusso scored twice, but the Hawks slipped to 11-4-3 overall and 7-2-3 in the ECAC East.
St. Lawrence 2, Dartmouth 1: At Canton, N.Y., Reagan Fischer scored her team-high 13th goal of the season, but Dartmouth's five-game unbeaten streak came to an end on the road. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 12-6-3 overall and 7-5-2 in the ECAC. St. Lawrence improved to 14-9-2 overall, and 9-3-1 in the league.
Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0: At Plymouth, Mary Klimasewiski scored three goals and Alex Campione scored twice as the Panthers dropped to 3-12-2 overall and 2-7-2 in the ECAC East. Plymouth State goaltender Ali Ponte made 35 saves.
Sacred Heart 3, Franklin Pierce 1: At Bridgeport, Conn., freshman forward Karsyn Baker scored for Franklin Pierce, which dropped to 5-11-0. Franklin Pierce goalie Amelea Gray made 24 saves.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 1
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans