Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth falls to Saints; Richard lifts St. Anselm
Dartmouth led 2-1 in the third, but St. Lawrence's top line of Greg Carey, Kyle Flanagan and Jeremy Wick scored three times in the final frame to hand Dartmouth its first ECAC home loss of the 2012-13 season. Dartmouth is 8-2-0 at home overall.
Andy Simpson and Dustin Walsh provided the goals for Dartmouth, which fell to 10-7-2 overall and 6-5-1 in ECAC play. Freshman goaltender Charles Grant made 22 saves for the Big Green.
St. Lawrence improved to 10-10-3 overall, and 3-5-3 in the conference.
St. Anselm 7, Skidmore 5: At Goffstown, Mike Richard of Derry notched three goals and an assist as St. Anselm raised its record to 10-4-2 overall and 7-4-1 in the ECAC East.
Manhattanville 3, St. Anselm 2: At Manchester, St. Anselm's Rosemarie Giarrusso scored twice, but the Hawks slipped to 11-4-3 overall and 7-2-3 in the ECAC East.
St. Lawrence 2, Dartmouth 1: At Canton, N.Y., Reagan Fischer scored her team-high 13th goal of the season, but Dartmouth's five-game unbeaten streak came to an end on the road. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 12-6-3 overall and 7-5-2 in the ECAC. St. Lawrence improved to 14-9-2 overall, and 9-3-1 in the league.
Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0: At Plymouth, Mary Klimasewiski scored three goals and Alex Campione scored twice as the Panthers dropped to 3-12-2 overall and 2-7-2 in the ECAC East. Plymouth State goaltender Ali Ponte made 35 saves.
Sacred Heart 3, Franklin Pierce 1: At Bridgeport, Conn., freshman forward Karsyn Baker scored for Franklin Pierce, which dropped to 5-11-0. Franklin Pierce goalie Amelea Gray made 24 saves.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings