Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth falls to Saints; Richard lifts St. Anselm
Dartmouth led 2-1 in the third, but St. Lawrence's top line of Greg Carey, Kyle Flanagan and Jeremy Wick scored three times in the final frame to hand Dartmouth its first ECAC home loss of the 2012-13 season. Dartmouth is 8-2-0 at home overall.
Andy Simpson and Dustin Walsh provided the goals for Dartmouth, which fell to 10-7-2 overall and 6-5-1 in ECAC play. Freshman goaltender Charles Grant made 22 saves for the Big Green.
St. Lawrence improved to 10-10-3 overall, and 3-5-3 in the conference.
St. Anselm 7, Skidmore 5: At Goffstown, Mike Richard of Derry notched three goals and an assist as St. Anselm raised its record to 10-4-2 overall and 7-4-1 in the ECAC East.
Manhattanville 3, St. Anselm 2: At Manchester, St. Anselm's Rosemarie Giarrusso scored twice, but the Hawks slipped to 11-4-3 overall and 7-2-3 in the ECAC East.
St. Lawrence 2, Dartmouth 1: At Canton, N.Y., Reagan Fischer scored her team-high 13th goal of the season, but Dartmouth's five-game unbeaten streak came to an end on the road. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 12-6-3 overall and 7-5-2 in the ECAC. St. Lawrence improved to 14-9-2 overall, and 9-3-1 in the league.
Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0: At Plymouth, Mary Klimasewiski scored three goals and Alex Campione scored twice as the Panthers dropped to 3-12-2 overall and 2-7-2 in the ECAC East. Plymouth State goaltender Ali Ponte made 35 saves.
Sacred Heart 3, Franklin Pierce 1: At Bridgeport, Conn., freshman forward Karsyn Baker scored for Franklin Pierce, which dropped to 5-11-0. Franklin Pierce goalie Amelea Gray made 24 saves.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child