Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth falls to Saints; Richard lifts St. Anselm
Dartmouth led 2-1 in the third, but St. Lawrence's top line of Greg Carey, Kyle Flanagan and Jeremy Wick scored three times in the final frame to hand Dartmouth its first ECAC home loss of the 2012-13 season. Dartmouth is 8-2-0 at home overall.
Andy Simpson and Dustin Walsh provided the goals for Dartmouth, which fell to 10-7-2 overall and 6-5-1 in ECAC play. Freshman goaltender Charles Grant made 22 saves for the Big Green.
St. Lawrence improved to 10-10-3 overall, and 3-5-3 in the conference.
St. Anselm 7, Skidmore 5: At Goffstown, Mike Richard of Derry notched three goals and an assist as St. Anselm raised its record to 10-4-2 overall and 7-4-1 in the ECAC East.
Manhattanville 3, St. Anselm 2: At Manchester, St. Anselm's Rosemarie Giarrusso scored twice, but the Hawks slipped to 11-4-3 overall and 7-2-3 in the ECAC East.
St. Lawrence 2, Dartmouth 1: At Canton, N.Y., Reagan Fischer scored her team-high 13th goal of the season, but Dartmouth's five-game unbeaten streak came to an end on the road. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 12-6-3 overall and 7-5-2 in the ECAC. St. Lawrence improved to 14-9-2 overall, and 9-3-1 in the league.
Holy Cross 5, Plymouth State 0: At Plymouth, Mary Klimasewiski scored three goals and Alex Campione scored twice as the Panthers dropped to 3-12-2 overall and 2-7-2 in the ECAC East. Plymouth State goaltender Ali Ponte made 35 saves.
Sacred Heart 3, Franklin Pierce 1: At Bridgeport, Conn., freshman forward Karsyn Baker scored for Franklin Pierce, which dropped to 5-11-0. Franklin Pierce goalie Amelea Gray made 24 saves.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters lifts UConn baseball team in NCAAs - 0
- Berlin native Gendron is new Maine ice coach - 0
- Goffstown’s Bourque heads UNH hockey recuiting list - 0
- Granite State players help college teams to playoffs - 0
- Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship - 0
- Sloppy FPU outslugged at World Series - 0
- Dionne, Duprey help Duke - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 1
- NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- Woman rescued after Franklin accident, 50-foot plunge - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage