Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Pair sought for thefts from elderly shoppers in Portsmouth
According to police, an 83-year-old woman reported that her wallet had been stolen, and within an hour of the theft, several fraudulent transactions exceeding $5,000 had been posted to her accounts, said police.
Police said further investigation revealed that the victim had been approached by a black woman while shopping in the store. The victim reported that the woman had engaged her in a "brief and random" conversation.
The woman was identified by surveillance and was subsequently identified at a nearby store where one of the fraudulent transactions occurred, according to police.
The woman is believed to have been accompanied by a black man, whose image was also captured by surveillance.
Police are working with Portland, Maine, police and Greenland police to locate the pair.
Portsmouth police said the Portland Police Department took a similar report involving the same culprits and similar actions.
Police say the pair have consistently targeted elderly women who are shopping by themselves, approaching and engaging the patrons in random conversation to distract them while taking the wallet or purse from the carriage.
Police said information obtained during their investigation shows the thieves often complete these acts near main roadways or highways and in areas of condensed commercial businesses.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 610-7613.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424