May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Pair sought for thefts from elderly shoppers in Portsmouth
According to police, an 83-year-old woman reported that her wallet had been stolen, and within an hour of the theft, several fraudulent transactions exceeding $5,000 had been posted to her accounts, said police.
Police said further investigation revealed that the victim had been approached by a black woman while shopping in the store. The victim reported that the woman had engaged her in a "brief and random" conversation.
The woman was identified by surveillance and was subsequently identified at a nearby store where one of the fraudulent transactions occurred, according to police.
The woman is believed to have been accompanied by a black man, whose image was also captured by surveillance.
Police are working with Portland, Maine, police and Greenland police to locate the pair.
Portsmouth police said the Portland Police Department took a similar report involving the same culprits and similar actions.
Police say the pair have consistently targeted elderly women who are shopping by themselves, approaching and engaging the patrons in random conversation to distract them while taking the wallet or purse from the carriage.
Police said information obtained during their investigation shows the thieves often complete these acts near main roadways or highways and in areas of condensed commercial businesses.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 610-7613.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424