Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth bridge is up, but motor vehicles must wait out the weekend
"The bridge was successfully raised at 6:40 and almost immediately a boat went through," said Bill Boynton, spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. "There was a line of ships that were waiting."
The bridge will remain up until 2 p.m. Sunday, when more tests will be conducted.
The state hopes motor vehicle traffic will be able to move across the bridge, part of the Route 1 Bypass, on Monday, he said.
The bridge had been lifted Wednesday as a cold weather exercise and became out of alignment when it was lowered.
Traffic has been rerouted around the bridge to the Interstate 95 bridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072