Home » News » Public Safety
Man, dog hurt in Londonderry crash
Londonderry police say two Good Samaritans helped free a man trapped in his burning vehicle Saturday morning. (Londonderry police)
The man had to be airlifted to a Boston hospital, and his dog was taken to a Manchester veterinarian for treatment of injuries suffered in the crash, police said.
According to a press release, police were called to the area of 393 Mammoth Road for a motor vehicle crash at 6:18 a.m. and found a vehicle on fire with the driver trapped inside. A Londonderry man, identified as Earl Wickline, was using a fire extinguisher he had gotten from a local resident to try to put out the flames.
Police Sgt. Patrick Cheetham and Officers Jake King and Adam Lane helped Wickline and another Good Samaritan, Apryl Norris of Londonderry, free the driver from the vehicle, according to the release.
Londonderry fire department personnel helped transport the injured man to the parking lot of St. Jude Church on Mammoth Road, where he was taken by Boston Med-Flight to Brigham and Women's Hospital.
His condition is not known and police are not releasing his name until his family is notified.
Police said an initial investigation indicates the man was driving southbound on Mammoth Road when the vehicle veered off the northbound shoulder and into a tree. Police noted the roadway did have a layer of snow at the time but it was unknown if that contributed to the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us