Home » News » Public Safety
Man, dog hurt in Londonderry crash
Londonderry police say two Good Samaritans helped free a man trapped in his burning vehicle Saturday morning. (Londonderry police)
The man had to be airlifted to a Boston hospital, and his dog was taken to a Manchester veterinarian for treatment of injuries suffered in the crash, police said.
According to a press release, police were called to the area of 393 Mammoth Road for a motor vehicle crash at 6:18 a.m. and found a vehicle on fire with the driver trapped inside. A Londonderry man, identified as Earl Wickline, was using a fire extinguisher he had gotten from a local resident to try to put out the flames.
Police Sgt. Patrick Cheetham and Officers Jake King and Adam Lane helped Wickline and another Good Samaritan, Apryl Norris of Londonderry, free the driver from the vehicle, according to the release.
Londonderry fire department personnel helped transport the injured man to the parking lot of St. Jude Church on Mammoth Road, where he was taken by Boston Med-Flight to Brigham and Women's Hospital.
His condition is not known and police are not releasing his name until his family is notified.
Police said an initial investigation indicates the man was driving southbound on Mammoth Road when the vehicle veered off the northbound shoulder and into a tree. Police noted the roadway did have a layer of snow at the time but it was unknown if that contributed to the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer