Monarchs lose ground to Portland, fall 3-1
The setback stymied the Monarchs bid to gain ground on the Pirates, the Atlantic Division's frontrunner. Portland sports a 25-16-1-1 record for 52 points while second-place Manchester is 21-18-2-2 with 46 points.
Toffoli's goal at 19:58 of the first period attempted to rally the Monarchs who had fallen behind 2-0 before the game was two minutes old. Even though the strike whittled the deficit to one goal, Manchester sharpshooters were not able to sneak the puck past Portland goalie Mike Lee the rest of the way.
Lee finished with 31 saves.
Pirates Chris Summers and Darian Dziurzynski surprised Monarchs goalie Martin Jones with quick goals in the first. Summers tally came 27 second into the fray and Dziurzynski's strike came at 1:53.
Chris Conner added Portland's third goal on a middle period power play at 14:56.
Jones blanked the Pirates through the third and finished with 27 stops.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA track meets rescheduled to Sunday - 0
- High School Lacrosse: Trinity a pushover no longer - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Santos hits milestone in BG girls’ lacrosse win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- Milford's Morgan Andrews named Gatorade NationalGirls Soccer Player of the Year - 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions