NHIAA Wrestling: Central takes Winnacunnet Invitational
NHIAA Roundup: Kearsarge hockey doubles up on West
Kyle Peterson (132 pounds), Keaton Peterson (138 pounds) and Azalkhan Sarvalov (145 pounds) were Central's individual winners. The Little Green earned 149.5 points in the 15-team meet. Nashua North (140.5), Exeter (132), Londonderry (121) and Milford (109) rounded out the top five.
After posting victories over Merrimack's CJ Prouty and Milford's Devin Dolliver, Kyle Peterson's biggest challenge came in the finals against Timberlane's Derek Bohle. Bohle posted a 4-2 triumph over Peterson en route to the 132-pound title in last weekend's Timberlane Invitational, but Peterson had seven takedowns and earned a 17-7 victory Saturday.
Keaton Peterson's run to the 138-pound championship included a first period technical-fall victory (19-4) over Rob Hamblet of St. Thomas Aquinas; a victory by pin against Exeter's Brandon Cammett; and a pin of Pelham's Kevin Deangelo at 1:34 of the first period to win the title.
Keaton Peterson was named the Outstanding Wrestler of the Tournament.
Sarvalov prevailed at 142 pounds by pinning Pelham's Jason Gleason, Nashua South's Zach Seppi and Timberlane's Brian Lonergan. Sarvalov, who is undefeated against New Hampshire wrestlers, also finished first in his weight class at last weekend's Timberlane Invitational.
Other Little Green wrestlers who placed in the tournament were senior Kenton Thomson-Kennedy, who took third at 126 pounds; Nathan Boilard, who was fourth at 152; Gino Otero, who was fourth at 160; and John Howard, who was fourth in the heavyweight division.
Londonderry's top-five finish was powered by second-place finishes from Ryan Cabezas (120 pounds), Jake Barr (126 pounds), Jon Young (152 pounds) and Richard Bilodeau (170 pounds). The Lancers also received third-place performances from Amir Daouk (106 pounds) and John Disessa (182 pounds).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newbould, Varanka lead Granite Staters in Boston Marathon - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: NH's race within the race - 0
- Granite State pair back on track for Boston - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Would an Easter or Christmas road race work in Granite State? - 0
- It's a family affair at Manchester road race - 0
- Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Shamrock Shuffle runners ready to party - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: No way to win with a road race cancellation - 1
- Teresa Robinson's NH Runner: A story about friends, running and hiking - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 0
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 2
- Ayotte tells NEC graduates to be passionate about their work - 1
- Antioch University awards 145 degrees - 0
- Message to Nashua Community College grads: find strength - 0
- 160 students graduate from White Mountains Community College - 0
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 0
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise