NHIAA Wrestling: Central takes Winnacunnet Invitational
NHIAA Roundup: Kearsarge hockey doubles up on West
Kyle Peterson (132 pounds), Keaton Peterson (138 pounds) and Azalkhan Sarvalov (145 pounds) were Central's individual winners. The Little Green earned 149.5 points in the 15-team meet. Nashua North (140.5), Exeter (132), Londonderry (121) and Milford (109) rounded out the top five.
After posting victories over Merrimack's CJ Prouty and Milford's Devin Dolliver, Kyle Peterson's biggest challenge came in the finals against Timberlane's Derek Bohle. Bohle posted a 4-2 triumph over Peterson en route to the 132-pound title in last weekend's Timberlane Invitational, but Peterson had seven takedowns and earned a 17-7 victory Saturday.
Keaton Peterson's run to the 138-pound championship included a first period technical-fall victory (19-4) over Rob Hamblet of St. Thomas Aquinas; a victory by pin against Exeter's Brandon Cammett; and a pin of Pelham's Kevin Deangelo at 1:34 of the first period to win the title.
Keaton Peterson was named the Outstanding Wrestler of the Tournament.
Sarvalov prevailed at 142 pounds by pinning Pelham's Jason Gleason, Nashua South's Zach Seppi and Timberlane's Brian Lonergan. Sarvalov, who is undefeated against New Hampshire wrestlers, also finished first in his weight class at last weekend's Timberlane Invitational.
Other Little Green wrestlers who placed in the tournament were senior Kenton Thomson-Kennedy, who took third at 126 pounds; Nathan Boilard, who was fourth at 152; Gino Otero, who was fourth at 160; and John Howard, who was fourth in the heavyweight division.
Londonderry's top-five finish was powered by second-place finishes from Ryan Cabezas (120 pounds), Jake Barr (126 pounds), Jon Young (152 pounds) and Richard Bilodeau (170 pounds). The Lancers also received third-place performances from Amir Daouk (106 pounds) and John Disessa (182 pounds).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time