NHIAA Wrestling: Central takes Winnacunnet Invitational
NHIAA Roundup: Kearsarge hockey doubles up on West
Kyle Peterson (132 pounds), Keaton Peterson (138 pounds) and Azalkhan Sarvalov (145 pounds) were Central's individual winners. The Little Green earned 149.5 points in the 15-team meet. Nashua North (140.5), Exeter (132), Londonderry (121) and Milford (109) rounded out the top five.
After posting victories over Merrimack's CJ Prouty and Milford's Devin Dolliver, Kyle Peterson's biggest challenge came in the finals against Timberlane's Derek Bohle. Bohle posted a 4-2 triumph over Peterson en route to the 132-pound title in last weekend's Timberlane Invitational, but Peterson had seven takedowns and earned a 17-7 victory Saturday.
Keaton Peterson's run to the 138-pound championship included a first period technical-fall victory (19-4) over Rob Hamblet of St. Thomas Aquinas; a victory by pin against Exeter's Brandon Cammett; and a pin of Pelham's Kevin Deangelo at 1:34 of the first period to win the title.
Keaton Peterson was named the Outstanding Wrestler of the Tournament.
Sarvalov prevailed at 142 pounds by pinning Pelham's Jason Gleason, Nashua South's Zach Seppi and Timberlane's Brian Lonergan. Sarvalov, who is undefeated against New Hampshire wrestlers, also finished first in his weight class at last weekend's Timberlane Invitational.
Other Little Green wrestlers who placed in the tournament were senior Kenton Thomson-Kennedy, who took third at 126 pounds; Nathan Boilard, who was fourth at 152; Gino Otero, who was fourth at 160; and John Howard, who was fourth in the heavyweight division.
Londonderry's top-five finish was powered by second-place finishes from Ryan Cabezas (120 pounds), Jake Barr (126 pounds), Jon Young (152 pounds) and Richard Bilodeau (170 pounds). The Lancers also received third-place performances from Amir Daouk (106 pounds) and John Disessa (182 pounds).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Francona can't look back - 0
- Francona's Tribe too much for Sox - 1
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: It’s all baseball now for Tito - 0
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Dunn homer paces White Sox over Red Sox - 0
- Red Sox outlast Twins, lengthy rain delay - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
State puts out call for foster parents