NHIAA Wrestling: Central takes Winnacunnet Invitational
NHIAA Roundup: Kearsarge hockey doubles up on West
Kyle Peterson (132 pounds), Keaton Peterson (138 pounds) and Azalkhan Sarvalov (145 pounds) were Central's individual winners. The Little Green earned 149.5 points in the 15-team meet. Nashua North (140.5), Exeter (132), Londonderry (121) and Milford (109) rounded out the top five.
After posting victories over Merrimack's CJ Prouty and Milford's Devin Dolliver, Kyle Peterson's biggest challenge came in the finals against Timberlane's Derek Bohle. Bohle posted a 4-2 triumph over Peterson en route to the 132-pound title in last weekend's Timberlane Invitational, but Peterson had seven takedowns and earned a 17-7 victory Saturday.
Keaton Peterson's run to the 138-pound championship included a first period technical-fall victory (19-4) over Rob Hamblet of St. Thomas Aquinas; a victory by pin against Exeter's Brandon Cammett; and a pin of Pelham's Kevin Deangelo at 1:34 of the first period to win the title.
Keaton Peterson was named the Outstanding Wrestler of the Tournament.
Sarvalov prevailed at 142 pounds by pinning Pelham's Jason Gleason, Nashua South's Zach Seppi and Timberlane's Brian Lonergan. Sarvalov, who is undefeated against New Hampshire wrestlers, also finished first in his weight class at last weekend's Timberlane Invitational.
Other Little Green wrestlers who placed in the tournament were senior Kenton Thomson-Kennedy, who took third at 126 pounds; Nathan Boilard, who was fourth at 152; Gino Otero, who was fourth at 160; and John Howard, who was fourth in the heavyweight division.
Londonderry's top-five finish was powered by second-place finishes from Ryan Cabezas (120 pounds), Jake Barr (126 pounds), Jon Young (152 pounds) and Richard Bilodeau (170 pounds). The Lancers also received third-place performances from Amir Daouk (106 pounds) and John Disessa (182 pounds).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs