Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Nashua man charged in beatings free on bail
Corey Wharton of Nashua is facing numerous assault charges in connection with the incident, which occurred the afternoon of Jan. 20 at the Whartons' downtown residence.
According to police, Wharton allegedly punched his mother, Lisa Wharton, and his 10-year-old brother in the face during the attack, court documents on file at the 9th Circuit District Division said. He allegedly hit them both with a closed fist, said police.
Wharton is also accused of taking the phone away from one of the victims as that victim attempted to contact authorities, police said.
Nashua police were contacted about the assaults from hospital personnel who treated the mother and brother. Both of them sustained minor injuries and bruises as a result of the incident, and were released from the hospital following treatment, according to police.
Wharton was arrested a short time later and charged with felony second-degree assault, domestic violence simple assault, simple assault and obstructing the report of a crime. He was originally scheduled to be arraigned last week but was able to post $5,000 cash or surety bail.
Wharton will now be in court on Feb. 5 for his arraignment, according to court documents. A restraining order has been filed prohibiting Wharton from having any contact with his mother or younger sibling.
Police have not yet indicated what may have motivated the assaults other than to say an argument occurred.
The police affidavit detailing the crime has not yet been filed at court. Nashua police and detectives in the Youth Services Division are continuing to investigate. If convicted, Wharton could face up to seven years in prison for the felony assault charge, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483