Home » News » Public Safety
Dinner interrupted by fire at Tuscan Kitchen
Fire crews were returning to the station at 6:15 p.m. after extinguishing a small fire in a coolant unit at McKinnon's Market, 236 N. Broadway, when they saw black smoke coming from the 67 Main St. restaurant.
Fire Capt. Jon Brackett said the restaurant was filled with diners when firefighters arrived and ordered the building evacuated. A fire had started in duct work connected to the wood-fire grill, he said, and flames had extended into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, although damage was limited.
Brackett does not expect the restaurant to be closed for long because, he said, workers were on the scene through the night cleaning up and make repairs.
Assisting at the scene were Windham firefighters and a ladder truck, and Methuen, Mass., fire crews and their tower truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072