Home » News » Public Safety
Dinner interrupted by fire at Tuscan Kitchen
Fire crews were returning to the station at 6:15 p.m. after extinguishing a small fire in a coolant unit at McKinnon's Market, 236 N. Broadway, when they saw black smoke coming from the 67 Main St. restaurant.
Fire Capt. Jon Brackett said the restaurant was filled with diners when firefighters arrived and ordered the building evacuated. A fire had started in duct work connected to the wood-fire grill, he said, and flames had extended into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, although damage was limited.
Brackett does not expect the restaurant to be closed for long because, he said, workers were on the scene through the night cleaning up and make repairs.
Assisting at the scene were Windham firefighters and a ladder truck, and Methuen, Mass., fire crews and their tower truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072