Home » News » Public Safety
Dinner interrupted by fire at Tuscan Kitchen
Fire crews were returning to the station at 6:15 p.m. after extinguishing a small fire in a coolant unit at McKinnon's Market, 236 N. Broadway, when they saw black smoke coming from the 67 Main St. restaurant.
Fire Capt. Jon Brackett said the restaurant was filled with diners when firefighters arrived and ordered the building evacuated. A fire had started in duct work connected to the wood-fire grill, he said, and flames had extended into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, although damage was limited.
Brackett does not expect the restaurant to be closed for long because, he said, workers were on the scene through the night cleaning up and make repairs.
Assisting at the scene were Windham firefighters and a ladder truck, and Methuen, Mass., fire crews and their tower truck.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 101
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time