Home » News » Public Safety
Dinner interrupted by fire at Tuscan Kitchen
Fire crews were returning to the station at 6:15 p.m. after extinguishing a small fire in a coolant unit at McKinnon's Market, 236 N. Broadway, when they saw black smoke coming from the 67 Main St. restaurant.
Fire Capt. Jon Brackett said the restaurant was filled with diners when firefighters arrived and ordered the building evacuated. A fire had started in duct work connected to the wood-fire grill, he said, and flames had extended into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, although damage was limited.
Brackett does not expect the restaurant to be closed for long because, he said, workers were on the scene through the night cleaning up and make repairs.
Assisting at the scene were Windham firefighters and a ladder truck, and Methuen, Mass., fire crews and their tower truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Zoning amendment passes in Loudon - 0
- With Pinkerton pact on line, Hooksett voters turn out en masse - 0
- Cryans wins Grantham in Executive Council race - 0
- Coming bad weatherpostpones NHIAA tourney contests - 0
- Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one - 0
- Waterville Valley town clerk saying goodbye to post - 0
- Kids get out and vote in Weare - 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus