Home » News » Public Safety
Dinner interrupted by fire at Tuscan Kitchen
Fire crews were returning to the station at 6:15 p.m. after extinguishing a small fire in a coolant unit at McKinnon's Market, 236 N. Broadway, when they saw black smoke coming from the 67 Main St. restaurant.
Fire Capt. Jon Brackett said the restaurant was filled with diners when firefighters arrived and ordered the building evacuated. A fire had started in duct work connected to the wood-fire grill, he said, and flames had extended into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, although damage was limited.
Brackett does not expect the restaurant to be closed for long because, he said, workers were on the scene through the night cleaning up and make repairs.
Assisting at the scene were Windham firefighters and a ladder truck, and Methuen, Mass., fire crews and their tower truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072