Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shameless: Obama's gun control campaign
As part of this campaign, the President "is expected to make an emotional appeal in his State of the Union address," the Post reported. The White House is expected to invite families who lost children in the Newtown, Conn., tragedy last month to attend the address alongside the First Lady. What a surprise.
The President who pressed for tax hikes on families making more than $250,000 a year by labeling them "millionaires and billionaires," who portrayed the notably generous Mitt Romney as an uncaring vulture, intends to push for gun control on behalf of the children.
Questions about whether Obama's proposed changes will actually work will be dismissed by the teary-eyed President, children on either side, who insists that the only way to show we care is to do as he prescribes. Emotional manipulation is a tool of both sides, of course, but no one employs it as shamelessly as Barack Obama. It seems that we are about to find out just how shamelessly.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wall Street Tower penthouse is tops on tour - 1
- These campers make us all happy - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: YWCA gives us hope in the toughest situations - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: A new acupuncture experience - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Ready, get set for some more fun runs - 0
- Scrap metal proves a ready source of cash - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: It's 'art with six-pack benefits' - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: We all enjoy a breath of Fresh Air - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Webster House gets ready for its Super Raffle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time