Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shameless: Obama's gun control campaign
As part of this campaign, the President "is expected to make an emotional appeal in his State of the Union address," the Post reported. The White House is expected to invite families who lost children in the Newtown, Conn., tragedy last month to attend the address alongside the First Lady. What a surprise.
The President who pressed for tax hikes on families making more than $250,000 a year by labeling them "millionaires and billionaires," who portrayed the notably generous Mitt Romney as an uncaring vulture, intends to push for gun control on behalf of the children.
Questions about whether Obama's proposed changes will actually work will be dismissed by the teary-eyed President, children on either side, who insists that the only way to show we care is to do as he prescribes. Emotional manipulation is a tool of both sides, of course, but no one employs it as shamelessly as Barack Obama. It seems that we are about to find out just how shamelessly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 24
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race