Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shameless: Obama's gun control campaign
As part of this campaign, the President "is expected to make an emotional appeal in his State of the Union address," the Post reported. The White House is expected to invite families who lost children in the Newtown, Conn., tragedy last month to attend the address alongside the First Lady. What a surprise.
The President who pressed for tax hikes on families making more than $250,000 a year by labeling them "millionaires and billionaires," who portrayed the notably generous Mitt Romney as an uncaring vulture, intends to push for gun control on behalf of the children.
Questions about whether Obama's proposed changes will actually work will be dismissed by the teary-eyed President, children on either side, who insists that the only way to show we care is to do as he prescribes. Emotional manipulation is a tool of both sides, of course, but no one employs it as shamelessly as Barack Obama. It seems that we are about to find out just how shamelessly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Trinity's Currier stops Nashua North - 0
- Campbell nine edges Hopkinton - 0
- Goffstown boys, Hollis/Brookline girls post baseball, softball wins - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: North’s win streak just keeps growing - 0
- John Habib's Track & Field: 'If Coby can do it, so can I' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 2
- Ayotte tells NEC graduates to be passionate about their work - 1
- Antioch University awards 145 degrees - 0
- Message to Nashua Community College grads: find strength - 0
- 160 students graduate from White Mountains Community College - 0
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 0
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise