NH runners make their mark at Boston Prep 16-miler
Stephanie Reilly of Northbridge, Mass., the women's track and field coach at Bryant University in Rhode Island, crosses the finish line as women's winner of the Boston Prep 16-Miler in Derry on Sunday. Her time, 1 hour 36 minutes 54 seconds, is believed to be a women's course record. (ADAM SWIFT PHOTO)
Boston Prep 16-miler results from Derry
A total of 556 runners competed in the event won by defending champion, 26-year-old Scott McGrath of Andover, Mass., in a time of 1:30.38.
McGrath improved his time by 37 seconds from last year's win.
Finishing runner-up in 1:31.15 was Jordan Kinley of Salem. Mass., just ahead of Andrews who was clocked at 1:15.45. Chris Mahoney of Chelmsford, Mass., was fourth at 1:32.55 and Montgomery was fifth at 1:36.41. Concord runners Eric Williams (1:38.11) and Brian Lavoie (1:39.06) were in the top 10, finishing seventh and eighth respectively.
Stephanie Reilly of Northbridge, Mass., who represented Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games 3000-meter steeplechase, finished first among all women with a record time of 1:36.54, good for sixth overall in the race.
She is the first woman to run a sub 1:40 time in this race. She's the women's track and field coach at Bryant University. She was a Big East champion at Providence College as well.
Kaitlin Anelauskas of Somerville, Mass., was 10th overall and the second female to finish at 1:41.48, followed by Ramey (24th overall) in 1:46.41.
The fourth overall female finisher was Christine Doneski of Hopkinton at 1:49.04 (36th overall) and Raelyn Crowell/Coates of Amherst was sixth in the female field (42nd overall) in 1:49.42.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Blake again is king of the hill on Mount Washington - 0
- Atop New England, runners are satisfied at the Mount Washington summit - 0
- June 6 Central High School road race will benefit Boston bombing victims - 0
- Andy Schachat On the Run: The changing face of NH running - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Beyond the pain -- honoring New Hampshire's best at Boston - 0
- Runners want to send message in 2014 Boston Marathon - 0
- Newbould, Varanka lead Granite Staters in Boston Marathon - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: NH's race within the race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 27
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off